VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2008

From:
Excalibur131 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Excalibur131 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2008 21:06:02 -0500
This is an excellent job for genealogical societies to get involved in.
Anything that would transfer the raw image to a scanned image; camera,
copier, etc.

I'm currently participating in a project where microfilmed images are being
scanned to disk. We were fortunate enough to get one microfilm reader that
would scan to disk and the images are simply beautiful. I am not very steady
with my hands, so a couple of other participants are taking pictures of the
original volumes, while others are making one last copy on the copy machine
and then scanning that image to a file.

Yes, it is a long project. A labor of love. And a project that some would
probably be willing to participate in.

Tom
Eastern Shore & More
http://easternshoremore.com