VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2004

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 22:20:01 -0500
Sorry, I did not quite respond.  The dates of the Nugent entry could be anytime from a few days after arrival of the servants at the wharves to many years later.  If the abstract reveals 1660, per e.g., then you are assured that the servant arrived (if ever) before that date and shipped from the old country even before then.  There, your knowledge stops, since he may have been listed in an earlier entry and might equally be traded or sold and appear again additional times, as did my Owen Griffith - first in 1658, then again in the 1670s and finally after his death in 1703.