VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2008

From:
Jayne Szaz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2008 12:24:17 EST
My brick wall in VA is BEALE. It is one of the lines of my son-in-law,  whose
genealogy I am working on, as well as my own.

The farthest back I have BEALE for sure is Robert BEALE, born abt.  1767,
died 1797. He married Holland BREWER Oct 29, 1789, Southampton Co., VA,  and they
had two sons, Jordan and Willis.

Robert's father may have been Jacob BEALE, 1745-1779, who married Honor
TALLOUGH. Robert's mother seems to have been an Honor; we are not sure it was
Honor TALLOUGH. Jacob was born and died in Isle of Wight Co, VA, and Robert died
there, was probably born there. Jacob's other children were Richard, Jacob,
Absalom, Dempsey, Mills, Honour, and Rebecca.

Below are two paragraphs that seem to prove the connection between Honour
and Robert, and Jacob, Honour and Robert:

Isle of Wight Order Book 1772-1780, page 486 dated September 1779
On  motion of Honour Beal who made oath according to law and together with
David  Eley, her security with bond in penalty of 5000 lbs.--she to obtain
letters of  administration on the estate of Jacob Beal. Orderd Cutchin Council,
Henry  Vaughan, Solomon Edmunds, and Benjamin Bradshaw or any three to appraise
slaves  (if any) and personal estate of Jacob Beal, deceased. Robert's father
Jacob is  thought to be the son of William Beale and grandson of William Beale,
but  that has not been proven.

Honour, Robert's mother, paid Isle of Wight Personal Property taxes for  "son
Robert" in 1784 per county tax lists. Robert would have been about  seventeen
years old at the time.

Any information on the above-named persons would be greatly  appreciated.

Thanks.

Jayne

48)