VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2007

From:
nelhatch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2007 14:52:00 -0600
HATCHER website: http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~nhatcher/faq.htm
HATCHER DNA project: http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~nhatcher/hatDNA.htm
HALL DNA project: http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~nhatcher/hall/HDNAtest.htm
"If you can't stand the skeletons, stay out of the closet" - Val D Greenwood

Paul,

Your explanation fits what I believed about these entries other than I
didn't fully understand what was happening with Robert Hatcher, Burral Bevil
and the parish..

I believe Margaret Bevil was caring for an ailing Jeremiah Hatcher. Two
years later there was another entry for an Edward Parham paid "to the care
of Jeremiah Hatcher." And although it's not proven, Jeremiah is believed to
have died shortly after 1766 - in his 70s. Robert Hatcher was his son.

There is no known family connection that I'm aware of between the Hatchers
and Bevils so appears to be only an employer/employee relationship.

Thanks a bunch!
Nel