VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2006

From:
Nicki Birch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nicki Birch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 10:15:44 -0400
On August 3rd, the National Archives held a public hearing on the subject of the proposed schedule change.  Allen Weinstein, Archivist of the United States, moderated the hearing.  The meeting has been summarized elsewhere so I won't repeat it here.  However, in addition to contacting our Congressional representatives, Dr. Weinstein reiterated that comments and concerns need to be put in writing and send to NARA before September 8th.  This can be done in any of the following ways:

1. Obtain a copy of the rule at www.regulations.gov and enter "NARA" in the
keyword field and click "submit."  E-mail comments at the Federal eRulemaking Portal at www.regulations.gov
by following instructions for submitting comments there.
2. Fax comments to 301-837-0319.
3. Mail: Regulations Comments Desk (NPOL), Room 4100, Policy and Planning
Staff, National Archives and Records Administration, 8601 Adelphi Road,
College Park, MD 20740-6001.
4. Hand deliver or send by courier to 8601 Adelphi Road, College Park, MD.

Mike, I think you have a very valid point which was NOT mentioned at the public hearing.  I hope you will send it in writing to the Policy and Planning Staff.

Nicki Birch
Vienna, VA