VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2008

From:
Yvonne and Steve <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yvonne and Steve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 19:25:13 -0500
One of my ancestors from New Kent enlisted in the 20th US Infantry in 1814.
He was at Camp Defiance. No mention of where this camp was located. He was
discharged in 1815 at Norfolk. I found several different Camp Defiance
listings from Google. One Google book result mentions a Camp Defiance near
Norfolk, Virginia. This sounds like the place I'm looking for. But I cannot
find anything useful about this Camp. Does anyone know of this place and
where I can find more  information on it, like it's location and other
surrounding camps?

Thanks in  advance.

Steve and Bunny

Binns Genealogy CD Series