VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2007

From:
Beverly Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beverly Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2007 16:34:20 -0400
I am researching my gggrandparents, John and Nettie EVANS. They have become one of my biggest Brickwalls! Their son, Robert Lee Evans, was my ggrandfather. Robert Lee was born abt 1868-71 in Virginia [according to his marriage record] or Washington, DC [1900 WV census]. I did find a John and Henrietta Evans on 1870 and 80 Rockbridge Co., VA census, both listing Washington, DC as their birthplace. BUT, there were no children in their household. John Evans was a drummer at VMI. I contacted VMI and was able to obtain some info on this couple but nothing regarding any children. Since I can't find any children for this couple then I must continue looking for another John and Nettie Evans but so far I have come up empty handed.

Any ideas what Nettie was short for?

My ggrandfather, Robert Lee Evans, was a deputy sheriff for Fayette Co., WV and was shot in a shoot out and died several days later in 1904.

Any suggestions, or help of any kind, would be most appreciated.

Thanks for any replies,
Bev