VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2004

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:29:06 -0500
hhhhhmmmmmmmm   With great respect, I suggest that if the numbers revealed at the mentioned "westegg" site are to be believed, we would now look to hire a common laborer for $8.00 per day, have a tailor make us a man's linen dress coat for $30.00, buy spareribs for 20 cents per lb., buy center cut ham for 90 cents per lb., and purchase a front quarter of beef for $25.00.  Then too, good lumber for building construction should now cost us 20 cents per bd. ft., and a physician would deliver our women of a baby for 60.00.  Not here in TN; guaranteed !!!!!!!  Enough flogging of this horse for me; all of us should use those numbers as multipliers that we feel solves our comparison problems.  Paul