VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2004

From:
Mike and Annette Poston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike and Annette Poston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 09:26:26 -0400
It appears that the £ sign can be constructed in two ways:

While holding down the "alt" key, type 156 on the keypad
     or
While holding down the "alt" key, type 0163

And when discussing amounts of  money/value, simply listing them separated
by a virgule is adequate as:

10/3/6  meaning £10, 3 shillings, 6 pence
1/ /3    meaning £1, no shillings, thruppence

Mike Poston
Rockville, Maryland