VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2009

From:
Sharon Domer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 15 Mar 2009 11:59:51 -0700
Fellow Listers-
I also belong to the vashenan list and one of the folks on the list has put out a query about adoption laws. She has asked if anyone knows when adoption laws were put in effect in Virginia. She is asking when you could no longer just take a child and raise it as your own but were made to "legally" adopt that child.
Can anyone here help her? She's gotten lots of answers about property laws, etc. but her question is about adoption laws. Thanks for your help with this. I will be glad to forward any answers you may have for her. Thanks again.
Have a blessed day-
Sharon Domer