VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2014

From:
Linda Threadgill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2014 15:51:21 -0700
Hi Anita...I neglected to mention that I have done MTDNA testing as well. I
have tested with 3 different DNA testing companies and have had my autosomal
results analyzed by DNA tribes as well as Dr McDonald. One thing that a
person gets from 23andMe is MTDNA, Y DNA results along with autosomal test
results at no additional cost, but I did my MTDNA testing in 2005 with
FTDNA. I have also transferred by autosomal results from 23andMe to FTDNA.

I have been blessed to have several members of my immediate family along
with 1st -3rd cousins do various types of DNA testing. It is because of this
that I know the haplogroups for my maternal maternal family line as well as
my maternal paternal family the McKenzies who trace to Richard Cantrell who
migrated to the Philly area from England. On the paternal side, I have STR
info as well as autosomal info on both my paternal paternal as well as my
paternal maternal line. So far I have about 20-30 family members who have
tested. Along with that and before I did DNA testing I had been doing
genealogical research for about 15 years.

I totally agree that a person should not do DNA testing before putting in
the time to do genealogy.
Linda