VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2001

From:
Harrod Oldham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harrod Oldham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 20:13:57 -0500
To All You Knowledgeable Researchers,

My husband's 3rd gr.grandfather, Edward Oldham b.d. unknown d 1795 King
George Co., VA, inherited 1790 a place called Peach Hill in King George Co.
from one Capt. Samuel Oldham, a magistrate of King George and Westmoreland
Cos.  Having found no legitimate children for Capt. Oldham, am leaning
toward the theory that Edward was a nephew or other relative perhaps who had
been brought over specifically to inherit.  In that case need to locate
ship's records for probable port of entry for Northern Neck.

Can anyone tell me what in all probability that port would be?

Appreciate your help.  Thank you.

Susan Oldham