VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2012

Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2012 21:27:26 -0700
I have been on Family Tree since 2003, and over the years have upgraded the test. The latest upgrade is the most complete upgrade. It will show my most recent ancestors and I am excited about that. However,  My DNA test tracked my maternal lines from Colonial Virginia, back through Wales (LLewelyn), Germany, Switzerland, and into the Basque Region of Spain. This distant ancestor entered Europe over the Iberian Peninsula over 45, 000 years ago. Most of the links I have made was through researching and documenting on my own. When the Llewelyn (Lewis), surname showed up it was not a surprise as I had proved that line. More important then the DNA is the records and links that you leave for your descendants.

Anita

Mary and Patty Bowden Foundation

Anita Talks Genealogy - Blog Talk Radio

"If you believe people have no history worth mentioning, it's easy to believe they have no humanity worth defending."
— William Loren Katz
June 18, 2009