VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2004

From:
Marie McKinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marie McKinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:14:59 -0400
I have been searching for a connection between the Jouett and Rowlett
surnames. Matthew Jouet married Susanna unknown in New Kent Co, they had a
daughter Henrietta Jouet born in 1727.

My 4th g-grandfather was Matthew Jouet Rowlett, born Apr 2, 1769 and died
in Prince Edward on June 28, 1857. He married Elizabeth Pettus in
Lunenburg. There children: Henrietta Jouet, Elizabeth Ann, Duke William,
Charlotte Walker, and Matthew Jouet Rowlett.

Does anyone have any information that would help me confirm this
connection ?

Thank you,

Marie