VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2009

From:
Jeanine Scholz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeanine Scholz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 08:36:59 -0500
I understand that in the Northern Neck Land Grants the applicant would
purchase a warrant, obtain a survey, and then if all went well was issued a
deed. My question is this, was the deed signed after the fact? Did the
applicant in reality find the land and live on it and then obtain the warrant,
survey and deed?

Jeanine Scholz