VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2009

From:
"Wilson, Donald L" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wilson, Donald L
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:48:25 -0400
Steve and Bunny - It will probably be necessary to compare the single
list with adjacent years to tell if anything is missing.  The revenue
agents were going through a transition period in the 1780s.  It took
awhile to tell how many agents they needed.  In 1782 Prince William
County had five agents assigned (five different districts).  Later, when
they settled on two districts, the Occoquan River and Cedar Run were
used as the dividing line.  Still later there are individual years that
have only one combined list, but they appear to be complete.

Hope this helps.

Donald L. Wilson, Virginiana Librarian,
Ruth E. Lloyd Information Center
  for Genealogy and Local History (RELIC),
Prince William Public Library System,
Bull Run Regional Library,
8051 Ashton Avenue, Manassas, VA  20110-2892
703-792-4540   www.pwcgov.org/library/relic