VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2003

From:
Eric Aldhizer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Aldhizer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 12:10:26 -0400
I'm not positive, but to my knowledge, this will be based on mapping software.  Find the spot on the map, and then note the coordinates.   I have found that the software can be off as little as 10 feet, and as much as 1,000 feet.  That would be like searching for a needle in a haystack if you were marking a headstone.  But again, I do not know much about the Delorme Earthmate.