VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2002

From:
James Cary <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Cary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 18:31:32 -0500
George Booth Cary, a Representative from Virginia; born at "Bonny Doon"
near Courtland, Southampton County, Virginia; 1811. Elected as a Democrat
to the Twenty-seventh Congress (March 4th,1841 - March 3,1843). Died in
Bethlehem, Va., March 5, 1850; burial at Bonny Doon.

I would like to find more information on George Cary but I'm not sure where
to look? A search of the Library of Virginia was not successful, maybe I'm
not looking in the right place. The library of Congress seems to have some
information but most is regarding legislation he was party to.  It would
seem that some news papers would have information on his nomination or
obituary. Any suggestions?

Jim Cary