VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2008

From:
Herbert Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Herbert Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2008 18:18:14 -0400
Vicki Yes, all that DNA proved was that the only one Eston Hemings
descendant tested was John Weeks Jefferson whose family ALWAYS said they
descended from "a Jefferson uncle", a reference to TJ's brother Randolph
who had the Jefferson DNA and according to oral family lore would carry
the Jefferson DNA, which the test indicated. No surprise, if their oral
history was correct then there had to be a match but Dr Foster did not
tell this to Nature, etc as I had suggested. All that we have discussed
here today revolves around people and foundations who have, for one
reason or the other, to "bad mouth" TJ. The Campaign Lies of 1802 as
told by James Callender who started these lies, is not much different
from some of today's authors. DNA proved the Callender lies to be just
that LIES........NO DNA match for Tom Woodson.

Herb Barger