VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2002

From:
Janet Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 17:58:55 EDT
Hello Everyone,

I have come across a "cousin" who it appears is a descendant of Bennett GOODE
and Martha JEFFERSON, via son Bennett Goode, Jr. who married (1) my ggg aunt
Rebecca Baugh, 1801 in Powhatan Co VA (I have Bennett Goode, Jr.'s 1841will
if anyone is interested).

Assuming, that Bennet Goode Jr.'s parents are indeed Bennett Goode Sr. and
Martha Jefferson, I note there is wildly varying information on the internet
as to this Martha Jefferson's ancestry, birthdates, etc.  These are the
options for her parents (1) Thomas Jefferson and Mary FIELD, (2) Peter
Jefferson and Jane RANDOLPH and (3) Thomas Jefferson II and ALICE WARD.

I am not a dedicated researcher of either the Goode or Jefferson lines, so
I'm hoping there is someone out there who might be able to steer me in the
right direction on this Martha Jefferson and the accuracy of the Bennett
Goode information.  I'm hoping to make a quick trip to the local library and
look at their giant Randolph tome, but in the meantime, well let's say we all
know there are folks interested in the Jeffersons here :;).

Thanks in advance,

Janet (Baugh) Hunter