VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2002

From:
Rosemary Mahan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:17:39 -0400
Personally, I use Ancestry.com's census records quite often.  As a
working mother, the access to these records in the evenings after work
and after getting my children to bed has been very rewarding.  I live
right in Westmoreland County, the heart of the Northern Neck and the
"new home" for many families that came to America during the 1600-1700s
and then later moved west; the home of George Washington, James Monroe,
Robert E. Lee, and many other of our founding fathers.  However, often
it is impossible for me to access the records at the courthouse that are
a mile away because I am usually at work when these facilities are open.
Ancestry.com is not the end-all answer to research, but it sure helps to
give some clues as to where else to look in my research.  I find it
well-worth my money!

Rosemary Mahan