VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2010

From:
Jeremy J Duncan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 2010 21:31:59 -0500
Hello,

I'm looking for any information anyone may have on Robert H Duncan, who is my great great grandfather. He is the son of Samuel Duncan and was born in the 1840's in Buckingham County Va and died in the 1930's in Buckingham or Albemarle County.

I believe he may have served with D co 56th Va Inf (a Buckingham County unit) during the civil war. I found his name in that units history book and he was the only R H Duncan living in the Buckingham County area at that time.

One thing I specifically would like to find is his grave's location. I've had no luck in finding it. I have most of the common genealogical information on him such as family members so anything out of the ordinary about him or a photo of him from a distant cousin would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,
Jeremy Duncan