VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2008

Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:03:16 -0500
Thanks Chuck,
Deep in my heart, I knew that the magic of small towns did still exist.  I
thank you for sharing that experience with all of us. I thought perhaps I
had arrived in the twilight zone when "Lizzie" at "Lizzie & Doc's" cafe in
Elizabethtown came out and offered us her trademark corncakes with honey
butter to enjoy along with the meal we had ordered, telling us, "there's
more in the kitchen"  if we wanted more.  I felt like I was a guest in a
home not a cafe.  Surely we have experienced the best of the genealogy world
of research.  Thanks again for your memories.