VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2002

Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:46:56 EST
A researcher recently sent me the following re: my ggg grandfather:

"John N. Huffman, resident of New Castle, Craig County, was drafted into
Company F, 30th Battalion VA Sharpshooters on 31 January 1863 at Craig
County. He was on the rolls as of 25 December 1864. His wife's name was
Margaret. SOURCE: 30th Battalion Virginia Infantry by P. Michael West."

Could someone with access to the wonderful Virginia Regimental History
series, please check P. Michael West's book for information on the
battles/engagemments/skirmishes in which the 30th Battalion VA Sharpshooters
took part?

Thank you in advance for any information. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Mike Peters