VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2001

From:
Sharon Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 08:25:56 -0600
Hello,

Do any of you have any information on an Elizabeth Thornton, born ca
1755/1760 in the Northern Neck of VA who might fit the person I'm trying
to find?

I have a many g-grandmother who married Spencer BUTLER, born about 1757,
Deep Run, Prince William Co., VA, and whose will was dated 20 Jul 1818,
Culpeper Co., VA.  They named their first son Thornton Butler.  A very
knowledgeable genealogist told me that Elizabeth was probably a
Thornton.

Spencer Butler was the son of Mary (?BEACH?) and William BUTLER of
Fauquier/ Culpeper Co., VA.  William's ancestors were from Westmoreland
Co., VA.

I'll be happy to share what I have.  [log in to unmask]