VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2008

From:
"Sandra L. Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra L. Scott
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:25:51 -0500
Sorry if this posted twice, had to straighten out my email address with the listserve.  My son had changed my email address with our new server and I kept getting rejected emails that I tried to send.   Anyway:

Sure, "bad guys" make things interesting, but having a certain pride in the accurate collecting of facts about an individual is so important.  In the distant future, I hope that the facts about my family are not reported inaccurately and that people just say, "Oh, whatever, we all have bandits in our families" and not dig for the truth.  It seems to me that the evidence so far does not prove that TJ was the father, so why should it be so seemingly accepted that he is the father, by so many scholars and genealogists on this forum?  I realize that many just are tired of hearing about it, but just maybe there are newer subscribers that want to hear both sides to the argument.
Sandra