VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2003

From:
Beverly Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beverly Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:17:48 -0400
Wow!! What a subject! I have done a little traveling over the years, been
to Texas, and I must say that every state has it's own beauty. I love
Virginia, especially the Shenandoah Valley, and my own state of West
Virginia......the green mountains and the rolling hills of farmland. My
ancestors were Virginians, a few who moved into western Virginia in the
late 1700's to mid 1800's.......before that part became the state of West
Virginia. One thing that you come to realize as you travel, just how brave
our ancestors were to start out on horseback, on foot and in wagons to
brave the elements to begin a new life in the wilderness! I wish I could
see them today and tell them how much admiration I have for them!!
Bev