VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2003

From:
Brent Tarter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brent Tarter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:48:03 -0400
On Va-Roots, please remember:

Be brief.

Be nice.

Stick to topics relating to research and resources in Virginia family
history.

No attachments (they sometimes carry viruses).

No virus announcements (they are sometimes hoaxes).

No HTML coding (it doesn't work properly through our system).

Know who will receive your messages (usually everybody).

No commercial announcements (so that we don't get inundated from
outside).

A current list of researchers for hire can be found on the Library of
Virginia web site at
http://www.lva.lib.va.us/whatwedo/ProResearchers.pdf

Library of Virginia staff members cannot do your work for you for free
or for a fee.

We do not censor message. The computer automatically shuts down if 50
messages come through in one day. This is to protect the system and the
subscribers from spam that may recirculate.

Therefore, please be patient at busy times.

Please let Rose Schooff or me announce Va-Roots policies.

If you wish to change the settings for your account (whether you receive
copies of your own postings, and the like), please go to the Va-Roots
web site at http://www.listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-roots.html and
click open the section that allows you to adjust the settings yourself.

You must have Netscape 6.0 or higher or Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher
for this site to work.

If you have trouble with or a question about your Va-Roots e-mail
subscription, please write privately to Rose Schooff at
[log in to unmask] or to me at [log in to unmask]

If you receive a message from Rose Schooff, it is probably intended for
you alone and not for the entire list and probably concerns the proper
operation of your own Va-Roots subscription.

Brent Tarter
The Library of Virginia

Visit the Library of Virginia's web site at http://www.lva.lib.va.us