VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2006

From:
Jim Cary <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:05:21 -0500
Speaking of DNA: I have a brick wall with my ancestry of the Nansemond
County Area. I have documentation back to 1745 with the Cary's that were
living in this area; unfortunatly Nansemond is a burnt county.

Mylles Cary is the immigrant that I have long suspected is the lineage for
the Nansemond County Cary's, but I need proof. Mylles is buried at the
site of his Windmill Point plantation, but I'm not sure how I would go
about getting a sample of his DNA for analysis.

His tomb sits on private property, and I'm not certain what steps I would
need to do to undertake this task. Is there an organization that will
perform this task for historical infomation, would I need some kind of
legal approval?

Suggestions???