VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2010

From:
Del Groves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2010 18:19:08 -0400
Hello All,

I'm very happy to have found this discussion. With your help, I might finally
able to solve a couple of my own related mysteries.

John Groves m. Eva-Eve Floyd/Lloyd are my 3rd gr-grandparents and my
earliest known Groves ancestors; I descend from their son George William
Groves m. Hannah Graham.

The only info I have on John & Eva is from other researchers who generally
quote "A History of Preston County" and including that the ancestor of John
may possibly have been a Nicholas Grove. This is our brickwall for my Groves.

In addition to unraveling the issue with Eva's first husband, I am hoping to
uncover info that may help discover the ancestors of John Groves.

Don't know what if anything I can add to your discussion of Elsey/Elzy but will
be glad to offer my .02 cents and any material I have. You can see my online
gedcom at: http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=delgroves

In my gedcom material, you'll see notes gathered from other researchers about
John and Eva. Please let me know any issues/corrections you can offer; don't
hold-back as I am most interested in NOT promulgating inaccurate info, as well
as, finding the truth where possible.

By the way, I was born in Dellslow near Morgantown. My paternal grandmother
was a Summers (English variety) who migrated into (W)VA from Maryland - she
and my granddad Groves were born in Preston County.

I have links to Beckwith (in Maryland), and other Monongalia & Preston and
nearby counties: Boylen, Fawley, Fortney, (C C) Nine, Teets, and just about
every other West Virginian! So, we're probably related somewhere, somehow in
some way.

Take care,

Del Groves