VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2006

Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 08:27:02 EST
Howdy

Several things going on with the New River Notes Website.

1st.  We have moved, and are working on cleaning up the broken links.  Our
new URL is http://www.newrivernotes.com/nrv.htm
If you were linking to us at our old site, please update your link.  We ran
out of room at the old webspace, but have a bunch of space here, so we have
room to grow.

2nd.  We have added a photos section with currently over 1000 photos.  These
photos are categorized by location:

http://photos.newrivernotes.com for most counties in Southwest Virginia and
Northwestern North Carolina.
http://photos.twincommonwealth.com for counties in southwest Virginia along
the Kentucky border and from some counties in Eastern Kentucky.

3rd.  We now have several tax lists (1795-1803) online for Lee County, VA.
Click on the Lee County link from the New River Notes main page.  These files
are from  Gloria Kay Vandiver Inman

4th.  Jack Hockett graciously agreed to share several files of death records
for several southwest Virginia Counties.  These files are for deaths in the
early 20th century, and amount to about 700 pages if they were to be printed
out.  I have attempted to separate them by county, and include:  Lee, Wise,
Dickenson, Buchanan, Tazewell, Russell, Washington, and Smyth.

5th.  If you haven't checked out our books on offer, check out
http://www.twincommonwealth.com  or http://people.lulu.com/users/index.php?fHomepage=157625
and
http://people.lulu.com/users/index.php?fHomepage=104866
There are currently nearly 300 out of print texts and some original works
listed for many sections of Virginia, Kentucky, the Carolinas and Maryland.

Some of these texts are available for free on New River Notes, but this is
generally cheaper than printing them out, and they are bound, if you want them
that way.  There are also several texts which are not available anywhere else
available.

Warm regards
Jeff Weaver