VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2008

From:
Yvonne and Steve <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yvonne and Steve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2008 18:10:06 -0500
Hi Murphey,

For what it's worth our 1800 Virginia Tax List Census master index shows a
James Phillips in Pittsylvania. He's in the 1800 Personal Propert Tax List
B. Here's the index page (scroll down to his name):

http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~ysbinns/vataxlists/1800index/1800P-index4.htm

I looked up James Phillips in our 1790 Virginia Tax List Census master index
and he was not there. However there is one listed for Henry County, right
next door. Here's that index page:

http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~ysbinns/vataxlists/1790index/1790P-index4.htm

Lastly, we sell the Pittsylvania Personal Property Tax Lists for 1782-1812
so we did a quick look for James Phillips. He appears in the 1797-1802 tax
lists. In 1804 Mary, Thompson and Eddins show up. Earlier Phillips (prior to
1797 I found are Tobias, Thomas and William.

We do not have Henry County yet so we couldn't look up anything more for a
James there.