VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2007

From:
Katie Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Katie Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 08:18:23 -0800
I learned from one of our illustrious Listers that most (if not all) library systems are online.  So, google your library, look around for online services or history or genealogy and Heritage Quest will more than likely be there for you to use at home online.  Your password is your library card number.

  Thank you Paul Drake!

clay gullatt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Heritage Quest has a searchable list of the Freedman's Bank members. I currently have access to Heritage Quest through the GA Genealogical Society but they intend to only service libraries in the future. Check your local library and see if they have a subscription to HQ if they don't I can look up names for you.

Clay Gullatt
Mount Airy NC