VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2003

Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 16:24:45 EDT
Searching around for suggestions from you: I have a brickball (surprise!).
My maternal great-grandfather's paternal grandfather has a beautiful obit, a
lovely little marriage bond listing, clearly written Interment card but no
parents listed anywhere. To make matters more difficult his name is similar to
another in Norfolk in the same timeframe - he is Joshua David, the other is Joshua
Davis both surname REED no discernible connection.  I have located him, a
hatter, in the 1880 Census with children, Placid (18) and Horace (22), my
great-great grandfather, his son Lloyd Thomas Reed having already left the home and
married (and living nearby).  Placid later married Siefert.  I don't know that
Horace ever married.  They are all buried in Elmwood, Norfolk.  What
suggestions might you have where I might find some more info?  Is there a Will listing
that (I know I'm dreaming) that might be indexed, say for his father with his
name there.  I have seriously researched this fellow for more years than I
care to say.  Would anyone have any idea where I might go to make some
connection, find some parents, etc?

Katie