VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2008

Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2008 15:48:38 -0500
Hi all.  I have a brick wall.

I really need some help here and would truly appreciate it.

My gg grandfather was Albert Henry Cox of Powhatan County, VA.  His wife was
Elizabeth Ann Frances Amos Cox.  In 1880 he was 69 years old and he and his
family lived in Spencer District, Powhatan County, VA.  His neighbor was his
brother in law, William Amos.  His household consisted of Edward Cox, Henry
Cox, Albert Henry Cox, Jr., Sarah J.P. Cox, Nancy Cox, Elizabeth Cox
Maxfield, John Calhoun Cox, Nancy F. Cox, James C. L. Cox.

There son Edward was my great grandfather.  I found their son Henry and his
wife in Amelia.  But everyone else including gg grandfather and grandmother
Cox just disappeared.  I have taken the Powhatan Census apart line by line,
District by district through 1910.

Like I said.  My great great grandmother was an Amos.  One of her brothers
was John Calhoun Amos.  Albert Cox's sister was Elizabeth P. Cox Atkinson.
Her husband was Milton P. Atkinson.  They owned the Atkinson Hotel (now
Courthouse Tavern across from Powhatan Courthouse) in 1900.

I'm giving all kinds of clues to whomever wants to jump in here.
Thank you for any and all help.

Shirley Cox Schroeder

--
Every reform was once a private opinion. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson