VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2010

Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 2010 13:34:29 -0600
Hello all,

I'm back to researching my paternal line: Mathew Cox and Rachel Watkins, his
wife, of Buckingham County, VA.  Would someone know how I can find, on a
map, the following:

"12-4-1802 between Alexander LeGrand, Senr. of Prince Edward, and John Cox
of Buckingham Co., For 198 pounds, tract in Buckingham Co. containing 132
acres,"being the three lots of land that fell to Henry, John and Edward Cox
from their father as numbered in the report made by the  Commissioners to
the court of Buckingham and bounded by Phebe Stith's land, Thomas Cox,
Nickoless Robertson, Francis Walthall, Alesander LeGrand's old tract known
by the name of Gannaway's old tract, Rachael Cox, Mathew Cox, and the Clover
Forrest Road."
Witnesses: John K. Binford, Joseph Binford, Jane LeGrand.
Acknowledged 4-1-1803"

I am trying to research this land "backwards"..There are other tracts
besides this one...With the Buckingham Co. CH being burned down, I am at a
loss with this re: land titles/patents.

Thank you in advance

Best,
Shirley Cox Schroeder