VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2002

Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 22:25:01 -0400
If in fact, the Digital Library Program is to be removed from on-line
because of the budget cuts, is there any possible way it could remain, such
as a subscription database?

I would gladly subscribe.  Since I live in Ohio, the LVA Digital Library
(the bible records alone are fascinating!) has been a wonderful resource for
me in research of my Virginia family.

I guess we have all been spoiled by  the abundant and free information that
the internet has made available to us in the past few years.  The internet
has disproved the old adage 'you only get what you pay for'.  But now may be
the time to assist such a wonderful resource as the LVA in maintaining their
internet presence.  I know residents of Virginia feel that they are already
paying for the library.  But how many of you out there are not in Virginia
and are making use of the LVA's resources?  I'm one, and I'm ready to pay up
to keep the Digital Library on-line.

Just my two cent opinion.

Peg Janke in Pataskala, Oh
(the 'burbs of the wonderful capital of Ohio)