VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2002

Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:38:41 EDT
How many researchers on this list have found their colonial ancestors
strickly adhering to these naming patterns?  I found a few naming the first
son after the father's father but that was about it.  My favorite was naming
"the 2nd wife's oldest daughter after the first wife, using her name in
full".  Any takers on that one?
Sure'd be a lot of mad 2nd wives if we did that today...

-Bev Brooks Cavender