VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2006

From:
HOUSTON FOSTER <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
HOUSTON FOSTER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 19:22:16 -0700
Rose,
       You might start by checking out the other Comptons in the Henry County Census. I would start with

  1850 Census> Virginia> Henry> Home786 family786.
  Rachel Compton 52 f
  Basela Compton 32 f
  Louise Compton 19 f
  James Compton  4 m

  In researching don't  stop with Henry County it was formed from Pittsylvania County in 1776.
  Gen Web shows three other people working on Compton in Henry County, you should check with them .
  Also check the tax list two Cumptons are on the 1800 tax list on line at Henry Co. Gen Web. along with deed and many other records at  http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/va/henry.htm
  Don't forget to check the cemeteries there and at
  http://www.findagrave.com/
  I have found spouses and children buried next to each other many times.
  This should be enough to get you started.
  Good Luck
  Houston