VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2010

Date:
Tue, 4 May 2010 13:23:36 -0400
I wrote to Mr Bennett privately. There is a Pocahonatas family forum on Genealogy forum.com. As for DNA, not possible. According to what I
know, Thomas Rolfe had a daughter who is the only person's descendants able to be tested. She would carry Thomas's wife's DNA not his.
Women only inherited DNA from their maternal female ancestors. If Thoams had a son, he would have both Thomas's Y DNA and Thomas's wife's
MTDNA. But even with that, he would only pass down the Y DNA to his ancestors.

Also, list members, I find it extremely offensive that the Bollings have long been referred to as Red, White and Blue. I think we can find
other ways to distinguish between the various Bolling ancestoral lines.

I have checked into the Bollings and related families because my maiden name is Stith. I'm not impressed by what I have found unless you
do have a proven and documented connection to Pocahontas.

Linda Stith Threadgill