VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2011

From:
Sally Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2011 05:39:51 -0700
This is a long shot, but I found one county (very important in my family history) based its real-estate assessment information on 19th-century owners.  So Jane Doe, owner of 123 Main Street, was on John Smith's land.  All I had to do was find all the addresses on Mapquest and I had a picture of my family's holdings.  I think most counties now have this information on their website.  --Sally Phillips