VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2005

From:
Jack Fallin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jack Fallin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2005 12:59:02 -0700
Dear All,

It sounds (from the names cited) like this is a little too far up the
Neck for me (all my stuff is Northumberland, Lancaster, and just a
little taste of Richmond Cos.),  but I am separately interested in the
reference to an "Irish immigrant" in 1675.

My Charles Fallon/Fallin carried a name that had to come from (Gaelic)
Ireland and was buying land in Northumberland County in 1671.  I have a
few sketchy references that might make a West Indies connection and I
pretty much know where he had to come from in Ireland, but it would be
enormously helpful to compare and contrast other (non-indentured
servants) emigrating at about the same time.  So if someone has or
gains access to this book, please let me know what it may say about Mr.
McCarty's origins in Ireland.

Thanks,

Jack Fallin
Walnut Creek, CA