VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2001

From:
marsha moses <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 18:05:22 -0400
   I am reading an account of descendents of Nathaniel Scales and Mary
France.  I do not have dates for these people, but their youngest
daughter, Matilda Ora Scales, was born in 1797 in North Carolina.  The
family moved to a farm on the Ohio River in what is now Huntington,
WV---but was then Cabell County, Virginia--sometime before 1815.  For
some reason they moved again around 1837 to Orange County, Virginia.  I
do not have a whole lot of information on the family.  Matilda married a
young physcician named Benjamin Brown in 1815 and did not move on with
her parents but stayed in Cabell County to raise her own family...and
later moved to Charleston, Wv.  Anybody out there who researches the
Scale family with whom I can exchange the small amoung of information
that I have?  I have a bit more on the Brown family who were from
"Bloomsbery" in Prince William County, Virginia.  Marsha in WV