VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2011

From:
"Mary M. Winn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2011 16:49:18 EDT
This was not uncommon. My Father's name was changed after he was 4 years
old - after the 1900 census. They marked the original name out in the family
Bible and wrote in the new name. They changed his middle name from "Bryan"
to  "Alva" in honor of a prominent uncle who had no male heirs & they did
not  want the name to die out. I did not know about this until I started doing
 genealogy about 8 years ago.

Mary  Winn
2623 W Watrous Ave.
Tampa, FL  33629
813-254-3852

In a message dated 3/15/2011 9:48:59 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,