VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2007

From:
nelhatch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2007 18:28:25 -0600
HATCHER website: http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~nhatcher/faq.htm
HATCHER DNA project: http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~nhatcher/hatDNA.htm
HALL DNA project: http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~nhatcher/hall/HDNAtest.htm
"If you can't stand the skeletons, stay out of the closet" - Val D Greenwood

Donald wrote:
> Josiah and Ann Elizabeth say that they stand "seized of an  Indefeasable
> Estate of Inheritance in Fee Simple...

Any edition of Black's Law Dictionary will explain these terms.

I understand these terms. My question concerned WHO inherited the property
they are selling and what might the circumstances have been. I have rarely
seen deeds in this time frame where both the husband AND wife signed. Yes,
I've seen many releases of dower but that is not what this is, IMO. Why was
she required to sign? Because it was SHE who inherited?

Nel