VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2008

From:
KAREN DALE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
KAREN DALE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:08:05 -0700
I like history to smell like history too--great phrase! Unfortunately too much history didn't get recorded--or if it did the courthouse burned down. Sigh. So DNA has become my last resort in too many lines. Of course, as a female I can't play the Y game, but I twist arms and exhort--and sometimes even pay money.

But you're right--some interesting anomalies have arisen through the DNA tests!  And those anomalies just create more puzzles.  I think I've already written on this board that Mason family DNA gave me FOUR brick walls instead of the one I started with. Still haven't made a dent in a single one-but somewhere back there in the haze of Colonial Virginia is a common ancestor...

And then there is the Lewis who is matching Phillips and the Mason who is matching Hudson and the Dunn and Brooks who are matching Moons...

Yep. An interesting new tool. I keep pushing it--but so far not many breakthroughs!

Karen