VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2005

From:
qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:19:21 -0800
 Doug and Others,

  Originals of 1781 petition signed by Botetourt Co.
militia  are availble online at  LVA.   From  the Index at
http://www.lva.lib.va.us/siteindex/index.htm   scroll
down and click on  Letters to the Governor.... Enter
"Rowland" in the search box and #1 that comes up should
read Davies, Wm. Col.   Click on it.  This will take
you to Petition of Botetourt Soldiers.

  Yes, I have "assumed"  that the reward for "tours of duty"
  was land,  but I was hoping to hear from someone who
  would give historical background of that "assumption".

  Joanne