VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2003

Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 13:29:55 EDT
Howdy All:

I agree with Brent that commercial postings are not allowed on this web-site,
but I do not consider the posting by Frank to be that of a commercial
concern. It is just an offer by another Genealogist to help those of us, who can no
longer make it to the Library of Virginia, find out something about our
ancestry. Of course  he wants to be reimbursed for his time and efforts. That is
understandable.

Sometime ago I asked a question of Brent about guardian bond applications
being  available at the Library of Virginia  and he said that if I wanted to find
out anything about them I would have to visit the Library of Virginia. He
also informed me that the Library Staff does not do research. Just to tell me, if
such information is or is not available at the Library of Virginia is not
research. To me Brent's response to my query was not much of an answer because I
Know now as much as I did before.  My query did not require any research on
his part.

Brent reconsider you decision and allow such postings as that of Research
Services for a Fee be posted to this site. Those who do not want such services
can just use one finger on the Delete Key.

Respectively,
Bernie in Virginia