VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2008

From:
Clay Gullatt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 2008 11:50:36 -0700
I am reposting this apparently it did not go to everyone.

If you are researching the old medical terms on the census or death certificates or looking for epidemics in the US this is one of the best sites available. Have not found another as a matter of fact.

It may give you a clue as to why almost all of a family disappears from one census to the next.

One of my Great-Aunt died of Scrofula who would know today that was TB of the lymph glands. I saw 4 or 5 different names for TB depending on which part of the body it struck. Another was King's Evil  which was TB of the neck and lynph glands.

www.geisheimer.org

or you can google rutgers library genealogy.

Clay