VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2003

From:
Nel Hatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nel Hatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 17:52:19 -0600

Website: Hatcher Families Resource Center  http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~nhatcher

List Admin: Hatcher email list

Researching: Cook, Hall, Hatcher, Kuhns, Miller, Shepherd, Timberman

HATCHER DNA Project  http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~nhatcher/hatDNA.htm

"Genealogy Without Documentation is Nothing" - Paul Drake

Hi Jan!

You wrote:

BTW, Nel..where did all this happen????  Do you have specific land grants to go with?

David enlisted in DavidsonCo, NC in 1779, age 16. All the military papers are out of DavidsonCo, NC. BUT!! I just checked my map and DavidsonCo, NC was not formed until 1822. At the same time we have other references to the land set aside for David as being in DavidsonCo, TN. DavidsonCo, TN was formed in 1783 from the Cumberland District of NC, WashingtonCo. Most of these papers are dated 1785. The land has an "Issue" date to the purchaser of 1787.

I'm not sure what you mean by the land grant. I have the record of the survey and the plat of the land and I have the deed in which John, the heir, sells the land. I do know that the land was on Many Fork Creek which can be found today in DavidsonCo, TN.

And I don't have a clue whether primageniture would apply here. That's why I'm asking the experts :-)

Nel